Map sketch Minya Konka
For copyright reasons, I can only give a general sketch of the area here. The sketch is based on the map
"Map of Glaciers of Mount Gongga" 1:25000, Surveyed and compiled 1982-1983 by the Lanzhou Institute of Glaciology and Geocryology, Academia Sinica and the Multidisciplinary Research Team on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, Academia Sinica,
Published by the Cartographic Publishing House, Printed by the Zhonghua Printing House, Shanghai, 1985.
Besides our campsites, the following routes are marked by colors:
- our way to the base camp in red
- the route to camp 1 in orange
- the unsuccessful attempt at the Pyramid in light orange
- the unsuccessful attempt at Nochma in yellow
- the successful climb of Nochma in green
This page is confirmed to comply with the HTML 4.0 standard.
Last updated July 29, 2001 by Hartmut Bielefeldt